EVENTS AND EXHIBITS
The League conducts monthly meetings with a program about art. These hour long programs are intended to give members and the general public information. Many are live demonstrations about various art forms, as well as art history, presentations by museum curators, or art school educators. Meetings are held the third Wednesday of the month (except August and September) at 12:30 PM.
Paint-Out Plus – Friday, September 22, 2017 – 8AM – Jane Kafigian’s Creamsicle Studio, 12141 Commercial Ave., Exmore
This promises to be a wonderful event! For information and registration go to:
REGULAR QUARTERLY EVENTS
Summer Show – Historic Onancock School – Through September 20th
The show is up and looks great! See attached and share with your friends. Fall Show – Historic Onancock School
This show will be up during the months that the Master Naturalists are meeting in the main room. A good audience, so plan to submit some of your best work!
- Call for art will go out on Monday, September 11, responses are due by Saturday, September 16
- Drop-off and hanging Thursday, September 21 – 9AM – Noon
- John Zacharias has installed track lighting, some of which he donated, and some of which Jane Kafigian donated, and it looks terrific.
- So far, we’ve sold two paintings from the Summer Show, one by Laura McGowan and one by Eileen Weber.
REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
ESAL Gallery – September Featured Artist – Gail Reichard – 59 Market Street, Onancock – Thursdays and Fridays, 10 AM – 4 PM, Saturdays 10am – 3pm
ALL Board Meeting – Wednesday, September 6th at 11 AM, ESAL Clubhouse, Onancock School, Room 104
ESAL Members’ Meeting – Wednesday, September 20th, Location, time and presentation topic TBD
Paint-Outs – Save the Dates
- October 3 – 9 – Paint Onancock Plein Air
- October 5 – October Paint-Out in conjunction with Paint Onancock
- October 11-14 – Paint the Shore – Virginia Eastern Shore Land Trust – application deadline was August 31
- October 26 – Accomack Public Library changeover
- November 8 – November Paint-Out
REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
Farmers Market – Saturdays in Onancock
The Art League has paid the season enrollment fee ($40) on behalf of all ESAL members to exhibit at the Farmers’ Market in Onancock. So, for only $15 per Saturday, you can have space through October if you email the Market in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cafe Society – Thursdays from 5 PM on – informal evening get together
- New Location during the nice weather – Bizzotto’s Patio on King Street
- The Blarney Stone Pub if the weather is bad
The Eastern Shore Art League of Virginia, Inc. is a 501c3 corporation founded in 1977 and dedicated to promoting the visual arts on the Eastern Shore. We are supported by our members and friends as well as our affiliations with United Way, Arts Council of the Eastern Shore (ACES) and the Eastern Shore Artisans Trail.