Welcome to the Eastern Shore Art League of Virginia
We are more than 100 strong. Our members range from beginners to professionals to patrons who enjoy collecting and supporting artists’ efforts. We work in oil paint, watercolor and acrylic, in clay, stained glass, tile, metal, wood, pastels, graphite and more. Many of our members teach classes and workshops. We meet monthly to enjoy an art education program, and have additional planned outings and events every month. There’s always a lot to do. JOIN US!
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP if you haven’t already done so. About half of us have renewed, so that means half of us have not. And consider upgrading to patron if you can!
Print out the MEMBERSHIP FORM
- then fill it out and mail it with your check to the address on the form: ESAL Membership, PO Box 1144, Chincoteague, VA 23336
HERMITAGE GALLERY CHANGEOVER – Wednesday, February 22 from 9 – 11:00 am
REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
ESAL Board Meeting – Wednesday, February 1st at 11 AM, PNC Bank, Onley
ESAL Members’ Meeting – Wednesday, February 15th at 12:30 PM, Island House Restaurant, Wachapreague
- Arrive by noon for lunch. The menu will be sent out the day before for pre-orders
- Presentation – Guadeloupe Painting Trip – Several of our members recently returned from a painting trip to Guadeloupe. They’ll talk about their experiences and show the work they did in this beautiful group of French Islands.
Paint Out – Island House Restaurant – Tuesday, February 28th – we’ll be in the bar room this time, so we can paint the north view. Should be a nice change for our participants!
REGULAR BI-WEEKLY EVENTS
Figure Drawing – next Saturday, February 18th, 1:00 – 3:00 PM at Creamsicle Studio, 12141 Commercial Ave, Exmore, $15. From then on sessions will be held at Onancock School, Room 106 – $15. Bring everything you need – chair, easel, drawing board, etc. It may be chilly, so bring a sweater too.
REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
Cafe Society – Thursdays from 5 PM on – The Blarney Stone, Onancock, VA – informal evening get together.
SAVE THE DATE
- March 2 – Geometry in Design – April Flory
- March 9 – Planning Your Painting – Susan McGuire
- March 16 – Appreciating Abrstration – Anne Holland
- March 30 – Thinking Three-Dimensionally – Bruce Ricci
- April 6 – Experiential Painting – Jack Richardson
The Eastern Shore Art League of Virginia, Inc. is a 501c3 corporation founded in 1977 and dedicated to promoting the visual arts on the Eastern Shore. We are supported by our members and friends as well as our affiliations with United Way, Arts Council of the Eastern Shore (ACES) and the Eastern Shore Artisans Trail.