Welcome to the Eastern Shore Art League of Virginia
We are more than 100 strong. Our members range from beginners to professionals to patrons who enjoy collecting and supporting artists’ efforts. We work in oil paint, watercolor and acrylic, in clay, stained glass, tile, metal, wood, pastels, graphite and more. Many of our members teach classes and workshops. We meet monthly to enjoy an art education program, and have additional planned outings and events every month. There’s always a lot to do. JOIN US!
YEARLY EVENTS – MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
Print out the MEMBERSHIP FORM
- then fill it out and mail it with your check by January 31st to the address on the form: ESAL Membership, PO Box 1144, Chincoteague, VA 23336
- OR, bring it to the Members Meeting on January 18th
- Please take care of this before the deadline!
REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
ESAL Board Meeting – Wednesday, January 4th at 11 AM, PNC Bank, Onley
Paint In – Wednesday, January 11th, 10 AM – 3 PM at Susan McGuire’s house, 12 Joynes Street, Onancock
- You can bring a dish to share (with a serving utensil), bring your own lunch or go out to an Onancock restaurant.
- Bring a drop cloth. We expect to be working indoors in January. Susan has a beautiful light-filled house and usually sets up some nice still lives to work from.
ESAL Members’ Meeting – Wednesday, January 18th at 12:30 PM, Market Street Grill, 151 Market Street, Onancock:
- Island House is closed for renovations for the month of January, so we have a reservation at Market Street Grill
- Jane Kafigian will moderate at the meeting, April will be on vacation
- Presentation to be announced
REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
CAFE SOCIETY – Thursdays from 5 PM on – The Blarney Stone, Onancock, VA – informal evening get together.
SAVE THE DATE
February Paint Out – Island House Restaurant on Tuesday, February 28th
- We will be in the bar room this time, so we can paint the north view. Should be a nice change for our participants!
The Eastern Shore Art League of Virginia, Inc. is a 501c3 corporation founded in 1977 and dedicated to promoting the visual arts on the Eastern Shore. We are supported by our members and friends as well as our affiliations with United Way, Arts Council of the Eastern Shore (ACES) and the Eastern Shore Artisans Trail.