Workshop: Planning Your Painting
Saturday, October 27, 2018, 10 am to 3 pm
Historic Onancock School, Room 104
Limit: 8 students, first come, first serve
$95, supplies included
- Mail your check to Susan McGuire, PO 175, Onancock, Va with your name, email address and a brief description of your painting experience.
- Improve your paintings by planning ahead.
- For beginners or seasoned painters, this workshop will give you the tools and the info you need to produce more dynamic paintings.
- Instructor: Susan McGuire (email@example.com)
October ‘Play Dates’ for Adults
- At the Frame Shop at 59 Market Street in Onancock
- Saturdays, Oct 6 and 13 – Air Dry clay- how to make your own and nest thing you can make with it
- Saturday, Oct 20 and 27 – Cold porcelain – again how to make and use it
- Questions: email Onancockart@gmail.com or call Mary at 302-1305
September ‘Play Dates’ for Adults
Plan on three Saturdays in September for the chance to continue playing with Acrylic Mediums. All times are 3 to 3:30 (please note time change). All take place at Market Street Framers, 59 Market Street in Onancock. For more information call Mary at 302-1305.
- Saturday, September 8: Direct and indirect image transfers – great for collage work
- Saturday, September 15: creating dynamic acrylic skins and how to use them
- (No program September 22)
- Saturday, September 29: acrylic pours – wild fun
Laura McGowan Oil Painting Class – September 18th at ESO
Laura McGowan will again be teaching beginning and intermediate oil painting, starting on September 18th. Classes will be on Tuesdays, running in 6-week sessions. The first session starts on the 18th, with the last class on October 23rd.
The following session will run from October 30th through December 11th (She will have to skip one week due to travel). You have the option of the morning (10-12) or afternoon (1-3) classes. If your schedule doesn’t allow for a whole 6-week session, we can work out make-up classes, or a pro-rated fee.
Louis Escobedo Workshop
September 27, 28, 29. 9AM-4PM. Cost: $600
12141 Commercial Ave
Exmore, VA 23350
- Three-day workshop by nationally known and renowned Oil Painter, Louis Escobedo.
- Louis is one of only two painters to receive the Gold Award two times from Oil Painters of America (OPA).
- The workshop “Painting from Photos” will focus on composition, brushstroke, and values. Limited to ten participants.
- For details and to sign up contact Yolanda Escobedo (410) 241-7020
More “Play Dates” for Adults – Saturday Afternoons in April, Free 1-3 PM
ESAL member Mary Clements will show and tell different artistic and crafty techniques on Saturday afternoons
- Every Saturday from 1 to 3 PM at Market Street Framers, 59 Market St in Onancock
- The month of April is dedicated to Alcohol Inks. Each two-hour program will explore different subjects and include how to make your own alcohol inks, what the inks achieve on porous and on-porous surfaces and how to include alcohol inks in your chosen medium. There is no charge and you don’t have to register, just come on along!
- For more information call Mary Clements at 757-302-1305
One Time Workshops and Painting Class Information
Jack Richardson Painting Classes – Thursdays, 9:30 – 11:30 AM
Jack Richardson is offering painting classes on Thursday mornings, 9:30 to 11:30 at his studio, 24 King Street, Onancock. Jack will work with all levels of experience in oil or acrylic, with a focus on drawing form and color, using the view-finder and all technical aspects of creating a sound painting and exploring your individual vision. Cost is $40 a session, no material is supplied. Want more details or have questions? call: 757-710-2154 email: jackrichardsongallery@gmail
Artist Barbara Schmitz will be Leading a Class in the Ancient art of Sumi-e Painting – Tuesday, April 24th, 1:00 – 4:00 PM
At the CCA (Chincoteague Cultural Alliance) Building on Church Street in Chincoteague.
Cost: $45 includes all supplies
Class limited to 10 students. No experience is necessary
Participants can register through the CCA website:
Cost: $45 includes all supplies
Payment can be by PayPal or credit card online. CCA is located on Church Street (right at the bridge onto Main Street, then left on Church Street. Go past Church Street Hardware store, CCA on left)
Laura McGowan Oil Painting Class – March 6th at ESO Arts Center in Belle Haven
Laura’s oil painting class for beginners and intermediate students will be on Tuesdays with a choice of morning or an afternoon (10-12 or 1-3). It runs for 6 weeks. The Cost is $180. You can sign up online at:
Jeanette Darnell – Creating Your Own Vision Board Workshop
Wednesday, January 17, 2018 – 11 AM – 1 PM – HOS, Room 104
The Eastern Shore Art League of Virginia, Inc. is a 501c3 corporation founded in 1977 and dedicated to promoting the visual arts on the Eastern Shore. We are supported by our members and friends as well as our affiliations with United Way, Arts Council of the Eastern Shore (ACES) and the Eastern Shore Artisans Trail.