Welcome to the Eastern Shore Art League of Virginia
Promoting the visual arts on the Eastern Shore
NOTES AND GENERAL INFORMATION
Eastern Shore Art League
2018 Holiday Luncheon
Come and bring a guest
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
11:30am – 2:30 ish
Cash Bar will open at 11:30 am
Luncheon Service at noon
Re-gifting exchange to follow. CLICK HERE for more information and the registration form
OR, bring your check and reservation form to the regular meeting, Wednesday, November 14, at 11 am at the main room of the Historic Onancock School
The ESAL Member Show
The ESAL Member Show – Main Room of the Historic Onancock School (HOS) remains up through December 11 (except Thanksgiving weekend). A great show! Don’t miss it.
Monday at the Clubhouse
Thursday at the Blarney StonePub
Art League Facebook Group
Did you know we have a Facebook Group? Just search ES Art League on FB and check out this month’s challenge: ES Art League Facebook Group
Art League Facebook Group November Challenge: “Family” CLICK here to see details of the challenge.
The ANNUAL MEMBER FALL EXHIBITION, 2018
Historic Onancock School on College Ave in Onancock, Virginia
October 10 through December 12
Liesl Fredrick Gallery Returns to Onancock with a Special Opening Show
Mighty Miniatures, Saturday, November 3, 2018 – January 11, 2019
- Exhibit of tiny works of art entitled Mighty Miniatures, the first official show of Liesl Fredrick, runs from Nov 3 to Jan 5, 2019, at the Gallery at 59 Market Street. (See theattachmentfor requirements and entry form for your submission.)
- For further information or to register, email Onancockart@gmail.com, call Mary at 757-302-1305, or stop by the Frame Shop. This show is open to ALL artists and artisans. Any interested person can submit work.
Accomac County Library, Wednesday, November 7, 10-11:30 AM
November 7th – Wednesday, 10 – 11:30 am The Accomac County Library Exhibit. Christine W.* can hang more pieces. Email her* with titles, media, price, and name of the artist. *You can find the email address on the members only page of our website – www.esartleague.org
Watercolorist Gail Miller at the Richardson Gallery in Onancock, Opening Reception, November 9th from 5-8 PM
REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
ESAL Board Meeting – No meeting
ESAL Regular Meeting – November 14th 24th at 11AM-12: 30 PM HOS MAIN ROOM
Presentation by Cynthia Downing
Happy Thanksgiving Day – November 22nd
Grateful for a great group of artists. Enjoy and be safe.
The Hermitage Exhibit Changeover – November 28th, 9-11 AM
November Paint-In/Out, Wednesday, November 29th, 10 -3
What is a Paint-In/Out?
We gather between 10 am and 3 pm at a beautiful spot on the Shore – often a private home – and enjoy the surroundings. Many of us paint what we see. Others bring projects to work on – and not just paintings. Some of us take the opportunity to photograph what we see. We either bring a lunch, or a dish to share (homemade or store-bought). If you ask for input on your work, you’ll usually get good advice. If you don’t want input, that’s OK, too. You are sure to meet new friends and have a break from the usual.
REGULAR QUARTERLY EVENTS
- Historic Onancock School
- Hermitage Assisted Living Gallery, Onancock
- Accomak County Public Library, Accomac
SHOW CHANGE OVER DATES TO REMEMBER
- November 28th for Hermitage
SAVE THE DATE
Jack Richardson Painting Classes – Ongoing – Thursdays, 9:30 – 11:30 AM
Jack Richardson is offering painting classes on Thursday mornings, 9:30 to 11:30 at his studio, Jack Richardson Fine Art Gallery, 24 King Street, Onancock. Jack will work with all levels of experience in oil or acrylic, with a focus on drawing form and color, using the view-finder and all technical aspects of creating a sound painting and exploring your individual vision. Cost is $40 a session, no material is supplied. Want more details or have questions? call: 757-710-2154 email: jackrichardsongallery@gmail.
- The Art League registered on behalf of its members. Any member or group of members are eligible to have space at the Market. The spaces MUST be reserved in advance and approved by the Market Manager.
- Each attending member MUST submit a 2018 Art League Vendor Application Onancock Market application and sign the Hold Harmless Statement which is part of the application.
- Each vendor pays a weekly space rental of $15 for a 12′ x 12′ tent space. Space may be shared by more than one ESAL member.
Important Notes about the Holiday Market the Saturday before Thanksgiving
- An occasional vendor who wants to attend the Holiday Market should mark the regular Market dates and the Holiday Market date and prepay, the non-refundable fee of $15 with the regular application (see above)
- NOTE: If a member only wants to attend the Holiday Market, they should submit the Holiday Market Vendor Application with the $40 fee. The application is on the Onancock Market site.
Items for the Monthly Newsletter are due the 25th of the month.
- Please send the information to Susan at Susan.McGuire1@icloud.com Thank you.
UPCOMING MONTHLY EVENTS
December 12th – Holiday Party, Detail TBA
The Eastern Shore Art League of Virginia, Inc. is a 501c3 corporation founded in 1977 and dedicated to promoting the visual arts on the Eastern Shore. We are supported by our members and friends as well as our affiliations with United Way, Arts Council of the Eastern Shore (ACES) and the Eastern Shore Artisans Trail.